It’s not necessarily cliché to make New Year’s resolutions. I am a huge fan of them and in fact, I believe that they can make a great impact on our relationships- specifically romantic relationships. The new year is a time of renewal and truly taking a look at your relationship, where it is at the moment, where you want it to go…. And what you can do to improve it.
Here are 10 suggestions for Relationship New Years Resolutions:
- Communicate open and honestly
- Don’t sweat the small stuff
- Extinguish judgments
- Honor each other’s feelings
- Have FUN!
- Go on date nights… A LOT of them
- Be Present in each other’s company…i.e. put the phone down
- Work through problems face-to-face not through texting
- Listen to each other
- Go out of your way to make each other smile
When couples start the New Year off right, it can set the tone for the whole year. If you have the intention to stick to your resolutions, the whole trajectory of your relationship can change. Your relationship will evolve, and you will evolve- you will see more happiness, peace, comfort and fun … your eyes will be opened to a relationship you thought you could only dream about- YOU have the power to make it happen!